Formal Email: Self Introduction

To: Mr. Blackstone
From: Christine Jeremiah

Subject: Self-introduction and expectations for CPD 2

Dear Mr. Blackstone,

I am Christine Jeremiah, a second-year student in Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT), currently pursuing a bachelor in hospitality business. Allow me to formally introduce myself to you through this email.

Prior to enrolling into university, I graduated from Republic Polytechnic with a diploma in integrated events management in 2016. During my polytechnic internship in 2015, I was attached to SingEx Exhibitions for six months where I worked under the technology cluster to assist the team in the various departments from conference management, sales to marketing. After I graduated, I did not really know what I wanted to do. Shortly after, I began working there under the same team that planned and executed one of my favourite shows, Internet of Things Asia (IoT Asia). I would spend the following year doing multiple shows and learning the event planning process from conceptualization to execution to evaluation. During this gap year, I truly began to see myself doing events in the future and so, I decided to apply to SIT to pursue this course. 

In terms of communication, I possess an array of strengths, which have helped me in life thus far. If I were to name one, it would be an innate ability to voice my opinions clearly, openly and confidently in a group setting. A possible drawback of mine would be in the aspect of active listening and that my opinion should be heard above those of others. 

By the end of this course, I hope to be an effective communicator. I aim to gain vital knowledge also and am really looking forward to the upcoming weeks of class with much anticipation.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Christine Jeremiah




Comments

  1. Hello Christine! I think that your MICE experience is pretty awesome as it is something I have never had experience with. Additionally, similar to you, I only figured out on what I wanted to do in the future after my diploma. Having worked with you in other school projects, I strongly agree that you are a confident speaker and hope to see more of that from you in this module! See you in class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine, it has been a pleasure getting to know you. I enjoyed reading about your extensive MICE experiences as I never had any background in MICE. I share the same sentiments that you really do have a gift at speaking and presenting. I look forward to hear more from you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine,

    Similarly, I was also from the same polytechnic course as you. I'm glad that we are able to meet in this degree course. I have always been keen about those who had experience in a venue-based company. I hope to hear more about Singex from you. Looking forward to see you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Christine,

    Thank you for this post. In the letter, you have responded well to the scope of the assignment. I appreciate the fine detail in your description of your study background and gap year experience. You also show very good language fluency throughout the reflection.

    I did have several questions as I read your letter. One is this: What makes events management so atttractive as a profession for you. The other is related to your perceived weakness in communicating: active listening. In fact, I have noted that since the first lesson in BHB2803, when you impressed me with your willingness to participate, you seem to have become more reserved. Is thissimply you trying to allow others to have a voice, or is there another factor at play?

    Whatever the case, I hope to hear more of your voice in the module this term. Otherwise, I would consider that an opportunity lost not just for both of us but for the whole class.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts